The dojo is a place for learning where individuals come to train themselves both physically and mentally.
It is our goal to help develop the individual to a total person.
Pupils must follow and abide by club rules and regulations.
This will ensure safe practice and a respected individual.
1. All pupils must show respect to the instructor and to all fellow members.
2. Show respect to elders and to members of other Martial Arts schools.
3. Wear an organisation badge and correct uniform.
4. Have an up to date valid licence and certificate for each grade.
5. Bow on entry an exit to training hall.
6. Student should maintain the highest level of hygiene.
7. Finger and toenails to be kept short.
8. All jewelry must be removed before class training.
9. No eating or chewing gum in class.
10. All students should be changed and ready to train at the appointed time.
11. Refrain from bad behaviour.
12. Seek perfection in skill and character.
13. Train with heart and spirit.
14. Offer your assistance to those in need.
15. Use the acquired skill for self defence only.
16. Maintain loyalty to your club.
17. Always be loyal to your parents.
18. Always be loyal to your teacher
A Black Belt is a most honoured and highly respected position. As a black belt you are recognised as a guide to other students.
A black belt symbolises not just the attainment of skill but also modesty, self-respect, honesty, responsibility, courage, self-sacrifice, dedication and spirit.
They are individuals who are in complete control of their body, mind and emotions. Once this mental and physical mastery has been developed it is yours for life and can be used to reach any goal you are committed to. Achieving a Black Belt is a very challenging and very exciting journey.
When you have reached this level you will have an unshakable self-confidence, pride and self-respect.
The set forth rules are for black belts and pupils alike:
All pupils must show respect to black belts on exit and entry of class.
All black belts must be referred to as ‘SENSEI’.
All higher rank black belts must address lower rank black belts as Mr. Mrs. Miss followed by his or her surname.
This must also be applied to equivalent black belt grades.
Any black belts that gives a incorrect or negative image, of ShinKen-Do will lead to immediate expulsion.
Reasons fore this may include:
1. Conviction of criminal activity
2. Any action or series of actions that could prove to be a menace to the public/or society
3. Teaching without license or authorisation
4. Any actions or series of actions that the ISO deems as misrepresenting the International ShinKen-Do Organization.